Are You Having Difficulty Getting Data in High-risk Regions?
Determine and monitor potential risk indicators around the globe
Local citizens are able to provide hyperlocal baseline signals, giving unprecedented insight into the organic and changing experience of community life. While these baseline signals are valuable in and of themselves as early warning indicators of community stress, they also provide a foundation upon which further queries and exploration of stability can be launched.
When you have questions about information on the ground, you need data that is trustworthy and verifiable. Premise delivers real-time, accurate and actionable data using a global network of on-the-ground Contributors, combined with data science and machine learning techniques.
What is Risk Monitoring?
Below are a few ways in which Premise can help your organization monitor risk:
- Early Warning System: Monitor non-traditional risk factors that can serve as early warning indicators.
- Stability Monitoring: Understand the climate of a specific region dependent on your specific needs before, during or after an event.
- Safety Monitoring: Understand the presence of police, local government forces, community defense forces or other militant groups, as well as events like blockades or protests.
- Crime Monitoring: Gather information to understand trends in crime such as vandalism, graffiti, harassment or acts of violence.
- Food Security Monitoring: Collect intel on the ability of local individuals food security, including ease of access and availability.
- Freedom of Movement: Monitor a number of different factors to inform a holistic picture of local residents’ freedom of movement in a specified region.
- Disease Mapping: Follow the spread of diseases throughout a region to identify hotspots, speed of growth and highest volumes of incidence.
- Monitoring Misinformation: Combating the spread of misinformation, disinformation and “fake news,” requires an understanding of how these corrosive messages enter and flow through society.
What is Monitoring Misinformation?
As information-sharing technology continues to innovate, the speed at which information becomes available is only getting faster. Unfortunately, we see that information being spread is not always true. Especially during powerful and time-sensitive current events, like elections and world crises, a flood of disinformation can be seen spreading rapidly online.
Stopping disinformation requires measuring and understanding what is being said online, where it is originating, and to what extent the sources are trusted. To combat the spread of misinformation, disinformation and “fake news,” it requires an understanding of how these corrosive messages enter and flow through society.
At Premise, we help people make better decisions by providing a greater understanding of individual communities around the world. We live in a hyperlocal world, where community sentiment can change as you cross the street. We’ll get you information at a granular level, so the actions you take are highly focused for maximum impact. Now more than ever, the value of the Premise capability is critical.
Discovering Fraudulent Job Listings
A global jobs website—like any other online transactional environment—is vulnerable to fraud and theft. This is particularly the case in emerging markets where variations in language, regulation and cultural understanding exacerbate effective prevention efforts.
Using Premise’s Contributor networks in Mexico City, London and Singapore we identified potential ‘scams’ in real-time in their respective regions. Premise found some significant themes providing valuable insights for the platform.
Some of these themes included, visa dangling, sexual solicitation and impersonation of credible multinational corporations. Local Premise Contributors were uniquely positioned to apply regional context to their judgment of legitimate versus deceptive postings and were not bound by preconceptions based on the client’s internal definition of what constitutes a scam.
Monitoring Disinformation and the Media Environment
We can help you to understand the media environment and measure levels of persuasion involving pre-defined topics. Premise’s capabilities has allowed us to have local contributors provide examples of disinformation they were seeing in the media across different platforms and organizations. Premise has been able to help its client understand different narratives in the media and those news outlets that were vulnerable to spreading misinformation.
Understanding COVID-19 Myths and Conspiracies
With the rapid spread of COVID-19, our team felt that we could help organizations have a better understanding of what people around the world were thinking, feeling and seeing in regard to the spread of the virus. We are deploying tasks through the Premise app to our global network of over 1.8 million users in over 100 countries.
Premise has been working to understand how myths and conspiracies about COVID-19 are being spread through the media and social media platforms. We’ve been able to understand which platforms are networks are seeing the highest levels of misinformation. Additionally, we’ve been able to track where respondents are getting information from about COVID-19 and what sources they find most credible.